Sales Development Representative -Tampa, FL, USA
Job Summary and Objectives
Sales development representatives help connect customers with the right salespeople and solicit new potential customers for their business. Identify the potential needs of the customer, qualify their interest and viability, and create a relationship that will help drive the sale. The SDR key responsibility is to qualify sales opportunities, and effectively and efficiently connect potential customers to sales staff so that the company profits through sales.
- Help generate and facilitate sales for the company
- Initiate contact with potential customers through phone calls, email, and LinkedIn messaging
- nbound and Outbound lead follow-up by responding to inquiries or leads generated through marketing
- Communicate with potential customers by phone, by email, and LinkedIn
Provide prospects with appropriate marketing collateral (i.e., brochures, whitepapers, case studies) as part of email communication/follow-up
- Faciliate hand-off and introduction of the lead to a salesperson
- Set up in-person meetings, or arrange for other methods of communication, such as an email follow-up or a phone call
- Follow up with prospective customers who expressed interest but have not yet purchased: uncover reasons why opportunity may have stalled, and follow pre-defined script to re-engage prosect with salesperson
- Determine which products will be most suited to the customer’s needs
- Outreach to leads to build rapport, identify pain points, and qualify for budget availability, level of interest, etc.
- Manage, track, and report on daily activities and results using Salesforce
- Reports to CMO
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or Information technologies
- At least one year of experience in Sales Development, Inside Sales/Telemarketing, or Sales
- Prefer experience with SaaS (Software as a Service) companies
- Demonstrated capabilities in sales techniques, marketing, and communication
- Must have strong communication skills to interact with potential customers and sales team
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Proficient in using Salesforce, LinkedIn, and other leading sales automation and marketing tools
- Teamwork skills to work as an effective part of the sales and marketing team.
- Time management skills so that they can meet outreach targets and respond to queries as efficiently as possible.